Mount Horeb/Verona, WI

Posted by on July 3, 2018

Sunday morning, Kelsea was sweet enough to help me key in some inventory counts into Quickbooks and with her help the task got done MUCH faster than if I’d done it alone.  Muah!  Thanks, Kels!

Zack attack??

That afternoon we all headed over to Dan and Amanda’s for some family time.  The cousins played inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs and even on top of Uncle Zack/Papa.  He made the mistake of lying on the coach napping….ha!  The kids didn’t approve…so they all piled on top of him!

Busy drawing…

Paityn (7) and Alex (6.5) joined us for a couple of rounds of Telestrations…a game where you have to draw a word from a card and also have to guess what other people have drawn.  Oh my!  They had some much fun they didn’t want to stop playing.  We had to alter the game a little bit as the didn’t know what some of the words meant.  We’ll be looking for a kids version, I think.

A couple of lumpy birds

Amanda made 2 ‘Beer Can’ chickens for dinner…one on the grill and one in the oven.  Both turned out nicely…not sure there was really any difference in taste.  We had some corn on the cob and salads (pasta, potato, jello) as sides and it made for a good meal for the eleven of us.

Zack and his crew left to go home about 8:00 pm but Michael and I spent the night so that we could get a little more time with Dan and his crew before we had to pull up stakes and head on down the road.

Alex read to me from Harry Potter and then Ben and I (and his mom & dad) look through one of the books Nana & Papaw had sent (Who’s Butt?).

When the kids went to bed we played a partial game of Sheepshead and a game of Hearts before we called it a night.

Monday started out nicely…not a ton of phone calls or emails.  But but lunch time things kinda fell apart.  We had an installer doing an install in the Wisconsin Dells who had problems so Michael took a drive up there (about an hour and a half one way) to take a couple of parts to him and to see if he could be of any assistance.

Then the phone calls started and the emails picked up…but we got it all taken care of as best we could.

Go Zack!

I stayed back and went to watch Zack play softball with Kelsea and the kids.  I don’t think it matter how ld the boys get (Zack will be 32 in September) I still enjoy watching them play whatever sport it is that they happen to be involved in.  Zack’s team had a good night and ended up winning 28-8.  However…the mosquitoes were TERRIBLE!  Kelsea ran to the store to pick up some spray and that helped somewhat…for a while anyway…and then we had to reapply.  Needless to say everyone has multiple bites on their bodies!

By the time we got back from the game, Michael was home (9:00 pm) and stowing things in the basement…getting ready to hit the road this morning.  We have about 280 miles to drive today and then we will be in the same area until September 1.  We’ll move locations a few times but never more than 25 miles or so.

Zack, Kelsea, Paityn and Cameron will be following us to Indiana tomorrow and will spend the long holiday weekend with us.  I’m excited to show them some of our favorite places in Amish country!



We want to hear from you...whatcha got to say??