Rally Wrap Up

Posted by on June 22, 2015

I have fallen way behind…but I kinda have an excuse…I got sick and that was my downfall.  Be prepared for a long one.

Wednesday  6/17 – Dan, Amanda and the boys left for their new state residence (Wisconsin) about 10:00 am.  It was a quick visit but worth it for this Nana to be able to love on to of her favorite little boys.

I've got a LOT of practicing to do!  :-/

I’ve got a LOT of practicing to do! :-/

Classes and seminars continued.  I attended a beginning crochet class and felt like I was all thumbs.  I used to know the very basics to crocheting so it came back very quickly.  I just have to master my fingers as they seem to want to get all tangled up in themselves.

The display panel lights on our Level-Up haven’t been working so Michael mentioned it to one of the reps from Lippert and they came over to look at it and ended up installing a new display panel compliments of Lippert.

New to us recliners!

New to us recliners!

While I was in classes Michael fell into a heck of a deal.  Due to a trickle-down effect we ended up with to ‘new to us’ recliners.  This is how it worked:  Randy and Santha didn’t like their theater seating so they bought new recliners.  Kevin and Nelly wanted theater seating so they took Randy & Santha’s old theater seating.  Ron & Linda took one of Kevin & Nelly’s new recliners and we took the other along with Ron & Linda’s replaced recliner.  Voila!  New recliners!  They don’t match but they’re in better shape than those that they replaced.

We had a catered dinner – pulled pork, green bean casserole, baked beans, cole slaw and cookies.  We made it an early night and turned off the light by 8:30 pm.

Thursday 6/18

I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well and ended up sleep for roughly 30 out of 34 hours. I ventured out to the living room twice for about an hour or so each.  The first time I ended up sleeping on the couch for an hour and a half to 2 hours.  Both times I ate a little bit of chicken broth.

It was a half day of classes today so thankfully I didn’t have to worry too much about my presenters.  The three classes I had scheduled had veteran presenters so I just had Michael go down and let them know that I was sick and that if they needed anything he’d help them out.

I woke up about 6:00 am on Friday feeling much improved but still not 100%.  However by that evening I was feeling completely fine.  I would be hard pressed to tell you what was actually wrong – disoriented, achy everywhere were probably my biggest symptoms.

Friday  6/19 – Final day of classes.  I only really had 3 classes going on today – Wake Up Workout which, Ann teaches and could do it with her eyes closed, Jamberry, which I was presenting and a Fly tying class that ended up only attracting 1 attendee.

My class was at 10:00 am and I was still a bit disoriented but everyone was very understanding and helpful…plus Val had offered to give me a hand since she knew I was under the weather.  We drew about 18 ladies and they all seemed to have fun applying some sample Jams and all thought it was pretty darn easy to do!

Chicken and trimmings...good stuff.

Chicken and trimmings…good stuff.

Tonight’s catered dinner was grilled chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, salad, broccoli salad, green beans, dinner rolls and a piece of pie….everything was very good.

Pretty big group got involved in the Electric Slide

Pretty big group got involved in the Electric Slide

We had a DJ playing 60’s and 70s music and we had a good time watching everyone dance.  We even got out and tried the Cupid Shuffle…which is actually pretty easy and a lot of fun.

The DJ was done at 9:00 pm so we decided to take a quick spin around fairgrounds…which of course wasn’t real quick.  We ended up back home about 10:30 pm.

The new service facility...she's a beauty!

The new service facility…she’s a beauty!

Saturday 6/20Heartland day!  We started out by touring the brand new service facility.  It has 14 bays (compared to the old one with 3!) and 5 full hook up sites for those that need to stay overnight.  It’s a beautiful facility and there was lots of excitement in the air.

Full hook up sites behind the facility

Full hook up sites behind the facility

From their we went just around the corner to the factory where tours we being done of 4 different areas. We (or should I say Michael) chose to go through the Landmark plant.  We’d been on the tour before so I waited in one of the display coaches and visited with some other people who decided not to take the tour for the same reason.  You can read about the tour, from our visit last year, HERE.

After finishing up at the factory we headed over to the RV/MH Hall of Fame to meet with several of the Heartland execs for a question and answer session along with lunch.  Lunch was brats, burgers, cole slaw, pit-tatoes and cookies.  It was a small intimate affair for about 400.

Since we’d done this 2 years ago we chose not to tour the Hall of Fame and just headed home after lunch…we had work to do!  Since we’d scheduled work to be done on the coach at the factory we had quite a bit of packing to do.  Both the bedroom closet and the kitchen/living room slide would be removed for the work/repairs so we had to empty them, box the stuff up and find a place to put everything.  A bit of a chore so I started the task when we got home.  I also started some laundry going since I didn’t want to leave any dirty clothes in the coach while it was at the factory.

Thick and juicy chops with the yummy sides.

Thick and juicy chops with the yummy sides.

Our last catered dinner was:  Pork chops, butternut squash ravioli, potatoes, salad, pasta salad, mixed veggies, dinner rolls and strawberry short-cake.  Once again…everything was very good and we were well satisfied.



Tonight’s entertainment:  The Cavern Beat, a Beatles tribute band.  We were all very pleasantly when they came out dressed as the Beatles and even more so when they sounded pretty darn much like the Beatles.

We’d agreed to help Dan & Karen with the golf cart return so we left the rally hall about 8:00 pm and headed over to the Swine Barn where the golf carts were stored.  Golf carts were to be turned in by 10:00 pm and when people brought them back Michael and I gave them a ride back to their coach.  We were done just before 10:00 pm and Dan & Karen gave us a ride home and we pretty much went straight to bed…a long day!

Egg dish, biscuits & gravy, fruit and a tiny donut too

Egg dish, biscuits & gravy, fruit and a tiny donut too

Sunday  6/21 – Our last catered meal was breakfast this morning.  We headed over about 8:00 am.  We were joined by Ron & Ann (Georgia) and Eric & Dorothy (Virginia) and enjoyed our breakfast as well as good conversation.  Many people were leaving today so we said some good byes and shared lots of hugs. We went back home to pack more and do some move prep.

Designing the decals...

Designing the decals…

In the early afternoon we went over to Mark & Linda’s to design some decals for the coach.  As a hobby they create vinyl decal.  Several of the rally-goers take advantage of the awesome opportunity to have decals made.  In less than an hour our decals were designed, made and placed and they turned out AWESOME!

2psnapod...that's Us!

2psnapod…that’s Us!

At 5:00 pm we met with roughly 75 people, who were staying another night, up at the rally hall to partake of all the left overs from the previous nights meals.  Our table mates for dinner were Kleis & Mary Jane (Canada) and Ron & Cookie (Arizona).

Added information to our US map

Added information to our US map

After visiting with others and saying more good byes and getting lots more hugs in we headed back home to finish up packing up the coach and also packing suitcases for our weeks hotel stay.  Michael got all of his move prep done so that all we had to do in the morning was to unhook the power and hitch the coach up to the truck.

We want to hear from you...whatcha got to say??