King Kong, a Headache & Valentines

Posted by on February 15, 2015

Friday 2/13

When I got up this morning at 3:30 am I found that we were still shut down but they were trying their best to get things going again.  Michael had 7 vehicles come in and most of those were flowback trucks hauling out flowback being pulled from the well in hopes of getting things right again.

IMG_0002We’re OK with them being shut down as its job security for us…the longer they’re here….the longer we’re here.  But I feel bad for the guys as it’s frustrating and makes for very long shifts for them as they don’t have anything to do.  But they usually come prepared with lots of movies to watch, books to read, games to play and if all else fails…they sleep.

By the time my shift ended at 3:00 pm I hadn’t had a single sand truck come in…last one came in yesterday morning.  However, I was told that they were fracing again.  Now just to keep our fingers crossed that they’re able to keep things moving along.

Today’s meals:  BBQ pork sandwich, potato salad & potato chips
Steak sandwich & pasta salad

Saturday 2/14

Sun just getting ready to rise...

Sun just getting ready to rise…

When I got up this morning things seemed to be back to ‘normal’.  The sand trucks started coming in about 8:00 pm and everything seemed to be going well until about noon today and then… happened again…they started having issues again.  This is our 12th day fracing and we’re just barely a quarter of the way through….we’re gonna be here a LONG time…which is good…job security and all that jazz.  But, boy, are we gonna be tired when this is over!  🙂

Here comes the sun...

Here comes the sun…

The last few days we’ve had a couple of guys coming in to work on a small construction job and one of the guys names is Kevin Wray and I jokingly said, “as in Fay Wray of King Kong fame?”  He said, “she’s my great aunt.”  He’d only met her 3 times but said she wasn’t a nice person…very high on herself and everyone was ‘beneath her’.  Sad.

I am happy to report I no longer have to sleep with a pillow over my head.  I think that I was just doing it as a precautionary measure but have since tested the waters without it and slept just find without using it!



Today being Valentine’s Day I handed out Jolly Ranchers suckers to each crew and as always they were all very thankful.

A couple of mornings ago I woke up and found that my shoulder/neck was sore to move…like I’d pulled a muscle or something.  It bothered me throughout the day and into yesterday.  Last night by the time I went to bed it was even more sore.  I’d had Michael try to massage the area a little but it didn’t seem to help.  I took half of a muscle relaxer before going to bed and slept like a log but woke up and my shoulder/neck was the sorest it has been.  It hurt to bend over, cough, move my arm, neck…just about anything.  I took a couple of Tylenol and iced it for a bit and it doesn’t hurt nearly as bad as it did so will continue to ice throughout the day in hopes that that helps.

We received one chicken and one shrimp meal.

We received one chicken and one shrimp meal.

Yesterday one of our fuelers stopped by to ask if we had any Tylenol as he had a really bad headache.  I gathered several Tylenol, Aleve & Advil and put them in a little baggie and told him that the Aleve usually work best for me and sent him on his way.

This morning as the 4 fuelers were checking in I was given a bag with 2 donuts in it from Rolando as his way of saying ‘Thank you’ for helping to relieve his headache.  Glad I was able to help.

Today’s lunchtime meal:  Chicken or shrimp alfredo and mixed vegetables.  Neither of us were real interested in the alfredo so Michael made bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy…I think a home cooked meal was in order.  Yum!




We want to hear from you...whatcha got to say??