Arkansas To New York

Posted by on May 22, 2014
I napped on the first flight and Michael napped a little on the 2nd flight

I napped on the first flight and Michael napped a little on the 2nd flight

We were awake by 6:30 am….awful bed!  I’m usually concerned about the pillows but in this case my neck is fine but my back is whimpering this morning.

We headed downstairs to grab some breakfast about 7:00 am and then came back to our room to relax for a bit after we ate breakfast.  We headed downstairs about 8:40 am to get on the shuttle that took us over to the airport.  We had perfect timing and were able to walk right onto the shuttle.  We dropped off our bags and were through security before 9:00 am.

A chance reunion at the Little Rock Airport

A chance reunion at the Little Rock Airport

Before we left the hotel I saw on Facebook that a guy I dated before I met Michael (a million years ago) was at the Little Rock Airport (his flight had been canceled and his new flight was 6 hours later).  I commented that we would soon be at the airport too.  We made plans meet by the gates.  It had been 29+ years since we’d seen each other and have certainly aged a wee bit.  It was a bit weird but the three of us had a nice time chatting.

We had a 2.5 hour layover in Chicago, which we’d planned so that we didn’t have to do a crazy mad dash to another terminal to catch our flight.  We got time to cap a bunch of virtual Munzees, have lunch at Chili’s and pick up some popcorn from Garrett’s Popcorn.  Our friend Jim B speaks very highly of it so we figured we had to give it a try!  We got the ‘Chicago Mix’ which

Garrett's Popcorn

Garrett’s Popcorn

is a mixture of caramel and cheese popcorn.  It’s very good….but no different from the Rural Route 1 Popcorn we’re used to from Livingston, Wisconsin.  And being a Wisconsin girl I have to lean in that direction….sorry, Jim!

Alex & Ben busy playing with Papaw

Alex & Ben busy playing with Papaw

We arrived at LaGuardia airport about 10 minutes late…no biggie as Dan took a wrong turn and was a little late getting to the airport to pick us up.  When we arrived he had 2 handsome little guys with him.  Alex was a bit shy at first but Papaw and Ben made friends pretty quickly.

We got home about 8:00 pm and Amanda followed about 8:45 pm.  She’d picked up KFC on the way home and we all sat down to enjoy our first meal together.

After a long day we headed to bed about 11:00 pm…tomorrow will begin our 6 week stay here on Long Island.  Grandbaby time!




2 Responses to Arkansas To New York

  1. Anita-Wayne Cooper

    Are you going to disappear for 6 weeks? Have fun!

We want to hear from you...whatcha got to say??